Gold Recovery from Rams:
Gold recovery from ram is a very important part of computer recycling. Every E-waste refiner wants to recycle it because it has a good quantity of gold, palladium, and silver. Ram’s recycling is not very complicated. The main reason for this tutorial is that many people want to know how much gold in them. In this tutorial, I will tell you a complete gold quantity in every type of Ram. I will also tell that how to properly scrap a ram. So let’s start.
There are mainly three types of rams. Gold fingers of Rams have not same gold. It depends on the brand and usage of ram. If ram gold fingers have extra scratches then it means mostly gold have waste. But gold in every type of rams ic chips remains constant. These are three types of rams.
- DDR Rams
- DDR 2 & 3 Rams
- RD Rams
First, we need to know how many ic chips and gold fingers in one kg rams. For this, I have made a chart of every type of rams. It will help you to the measurement of the main components of rams.
Gold Quantity in Ram ic chips:
I have told before that gold in fingers will not same. For this, you will need experience. But in the case of is chips. Every type of rams ic chips has a fix gold quantity.
- DDR Ram IC Chips…………………1.2 gram gold in 1 kg
- DDR 2,3 Ram IC Chips…………………..3.75 gram in 1 kg
- RD Ram IC Chips…………………..5 gram in 1 kg
These gold quantities are only of ic chips. Many friends have confusion about this. I hope, Now you can easily calculate gold in every type of rams.
Gold Recovery from Ram.
Please click here for gold recovery from ram ic chips.
I have also made ram gold fingers recycling tutorial. You can read this.
Rams have also a good quantity of MLCC (monolithic ceramic capacitors). You can also mlcc recycling tutorial.
Tips and Tricks:
- Some ram boards have also gold plated holes. You can recover gold from them using gold finger recycling or cyanide process.
- If you want to work fast. Cut gold fingers first and dip ram boards in HCl (hydrochloric acid) and leave it four hours. All ic chips will separate from boards. Pour HCl in a storage container and wash out HCl.
- HCl can use 4 to 5 times.
I hope, you have learned something new and more. If you have any suggestion or question then comment below. Please like us on the web and Facebook. And also subscribe my channel GOLD RECOVERY. Thanks…