Melting Gold Complete Guide. (Tips &tricks)
Melting gold is the main part of e-waste recycling. Because if you can not melt properly or easily then this will affect your main result. Many people have trouble with gold smelting. So, I thought to make a tutorial on gold melting with complete guide.
We can use different methods for gold melting.
- Gas Torch
- Gas furnace
- Electric Furnace
- Coal furnace
The gas torch is also used for gold melting. But gold dust can waste using a gas torch.
The gas furnace is a good and affordable option for gold melting.
An electric furnace is very useful and makes gold melting very easy. But, it is so expensive and everybody can not buy this.
Coal furnace is the cheapest option. It has high temperature But it need also some experience.
So, I recommend you gas furnace. This is the best option and easy to use.
Tips & Tricks:
- Rub borax inside the crucible before adding gold dust.
- Use Flux. Flux is a mixture of borax and sodium carbonate. It helps for gold melting. You can mix it with gold dust before melting or during melting.
- Oil the mold hold and should be preheated.
- Use ammonium chloride on gold after gold pouring. It will give shine.
- Last and bonus tip is that, Select any portion for gold melting then fix it for melting. Make a border around it with bricks. Store every type of dust from the gold melting portion. After one year, refine that dust and you will discover a handsome quantity of gold.
Suggested—– Learn about melting silver.
Like, share and subscribe to our GOLD RECOVERY channel and website for learning more about Gold Recovery and E-waste.If you have any suggestion or question, please comment below! Thanks